Monday, August 27, 2012

Avonlea Cards

I'm back in the swing of things after quite a lag there.  I had to recover from our trip to Indianapolis, which was full of family fun.  I think I mentioned that I was going to be crafting with the spouses at the conference.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  I made 3 cards. SERIOUSLY, THREE!

Introducing a brand new paper packet called Avonlea:

I used the Slate Epoxy Bubbles and the Grey Organdy Ribbon that came in the Avonlea Card Making Workshop on the Go Kit.  I don't think that they are available any other way yet.

There is actually a difference between the top two cards.  I forgot to put the stamped lace border on one of them!  I was going to fix it, but decided that I liked the more masculine look (to give to someone manly some day) and left it that way.  Sometimes I think we tend to go overboard just because we have so much coordinating materials that look wonderfully together - or maybe it's just that I like a more streamline look... probably because there's nothing streamline about my life!!  ; )  I'm pretty big into clutter.  I'd never find anything if I tried to put everything away.  I need it all out at my finger tips.




I wrote one of the Thank You cards and realized that I hadn't stamped anything on the envelope.  Between the Avonlea Workshop on the Go Card Making Kit stamps and the Avonlea Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking Kit stamps* that my daughter got when she became a consultant, I had many stamps to choose from in designing my envelope.  The colors were a bit trickier because there are some exclusive Avonlea colors!  I had the Chocolate and Slate, but had to fake it with Twilight and a second generation of Juniper.  I also used a retired color called Garden Green, but I think a second generation of Olive would have also worked well.

What is second generation?  Ink up your acrylic stamp really well, stamp it once gently on a piece of scrap paper, then stamp it on your project and you get a lighter version of your ink color.  Often you can successfully get a third generation as well.

Avonlea is the only set that has two Workshops on the Go Kits.  Normal people would choose Card Making or Scrapbooking, but having both really worked out well for me and I will continue to use all of these stamps together.  There is also a beautiful large stamp called Pirouette, and a Family Tree stamp set that I am really looking forward to getting as I have been working on our genealogy on and off since 1984. One sheet of Avonlee is printed with a pedigree chart, (see background of top photo).

*There was some mistake and the stamps aren't pictured in the Idea Book for the Avonlea Scrapbooking Workshop on the Go Kit.  This is what they look like:

Here you can see the notations for the Cricut Artiste cartridge.  I don't have that one yet, but when I get it rest assured I will show you these stamps on the coordinating shapes!!  ; )

To check out the Idea Book for yourself, click on the graphic at the Top Right corner of this blog, and go to PRODUCTS then Idea Book.  It's not just a catalog - it is full of inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment