Tuesday, October 16, 2012

1,2,3

Another new Follower!! Betty from Germany!!  Ich möchte Sie herzlich willkommen zu meiner Familie. Her blog is  Bettys Handwerke.  Yes, it is all in German, but that's not really a problem.  Paper crafting is a pretty international language!!  You can always try the translate button.  At times it is highly effective, and when it's not it can be highly entertaining!!

Heart 2 Heart has another challenge.  This one is Birthday By the Numbers.  It made me realize that I don't normally go in for cards with numbers on the front, but that doesn't mean that I can't make it work.  It's called a challenge for a reason!!

Here's my card and, as always, I'm keeping it Close to My Heart:



I wanted circles, but I don't have a good way of cutting circles right now, but hey, aren't those Elemental Dimensional Elements still available for $1.50 on Karen's web site?? Why yes they are - and they are full of circles!!  (Where's that little emoticon that laughs?)  

I also used the Color-Ready Canvas Alphabet (or, in this case, numbers) for the 1, 2, 3, and colored them with the new Alcohol Markers.  Wow, did that ever work well!! That was definitely the way to go.  Beautiful coordinating colors with just a few swishes of the marker brush.

I am also working on a One Hundredth Birthday card for a family friend.  I should have it finished in time for this challenge.  Wish me luck!!  I really want it to be special.  It's for a very special lady!!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Another lovely card! Sorry I don't get on here and comment on your posts like I should! I thoroughly enjoy reading them, but I cheat because I get them in an email! I love your writing, it always gives me a chuckle or a smile, thanks for that! And congrats on the follower from Germany! I have to agree, checked out Betty's blog and did the translate, it can be quite entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pam!! I wondered where you went? Busy are you? Good!! I need to check up on you too. I get stuck in my own little world a lot, but (as they say) it's OK, they know me here!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen! Great card! Wow! A one hundred birthday card is quite the challenge. Thank you for the kind words on my blog. You asked about clear card stock. You can buy it from A Muse Studio (https://www.amusestudio.com/lindasuarez). Before I knew about A Muse I bought it from Papertrey Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. Such a cute little boy! Thank you for playing along at H2H.

    ReplyDelete