Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jay's Fire Dog Card

Some of you know what to expect from today's card!!  Yesterday, I took a dog stamp and altered it into a dachshund, and then for this card I used the original dog, added spots and a fire helmet.  I first dressed my monkey for my Talk to a Pirate Day post, since then I have been thinking about dressing other stamps, but this is my first attempt since then:


This card is based on Sketch #57 by Freshly Made Sketches.



It's fun to play along with the Freshly Made Sketch Challenges.  Check out the other cards!!



I'm trying to hurry to get this up on my blog and I'm not giving Jay his props!!  He is my husband's cousin's husband, but I claim him as one of my cousins because he's cool. Jay used to have the coolest hair, but like most of us, it's just a memory (he shaves his head - not bald, but pretty short, maybe it's a fire fighter thing!!)

Jay is the Fire Chief of his town in New Hampshire.  He is Chief Lord - and as my son Will says, "That's a great name!!"  He's a great guy and we don't get to visit with him and his family often enough.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAY!!  Have a great day.  Wishing you a wonderful year!!
Love from all of us,  Drew, Karen, Lisa, Will and Tom

I've got to run off and work on the Scholastic Workshop on the Go Kit at Carolyn's house.  Don't want to be late!!  ;)


6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! I love this fire dog - adorable! Perfect card for your cousin! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I know that you all think I call it a Fire Dog because I can't spell Dalmatian, but spellcheck taught me how to spell Dalmation. Darn it, I did it again!!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute fire dog - fabulous card and I like your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to dress up your stamps, really makes them unique. Sweet, sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It takes me back to my paper dolly days!!

      Delete