Monday, October 29, 2012

Waterfall Card

I love interactive cards.  They really appeal to me, and my favorite thing is being able to master a new one!!  I was a little intimidated by the waterfall, but, it turns out - there is no reason to be.  It's easy!!


This card is for a distant cousin that I met through ancestry.com.


We send email occasionally, about genealogy, and everyday life.


Recently, I received an email from her, and she told me that her husband had passed away after 63 years of marriage.


 She has family nearby, but it's just not the same.  She said that "it sure is lonesome after living with someone for 63 years."  I'm sure that it must be terribly hard!!


 I thought I would like to send her a card to brighten up her day.  Bills and junk mail can be so very monotonous!!

So, how did I do it?  First, I watched this video:



Here are those measurements: (I wrote them down from the video.  I am still trying to locate her blog!!)
4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card
2' X 9" strip of card stock scored at 2", 2 3/4", 3 1/2", and 4 1/4
Cut 4 2" X 2" squares. or do what I did, and vary the size of your squares.
Cut 4 insets in a neutral color for the squares, probably 1 3/4" X 1 3/4", or do your own thing.
The bar that goes across the bottom of the cars to anchor the waterfall measures 3/4" X 4 1/4"
I think that's it.

I did make one other change, besides varying the size of my squares, which I did to help conceal the upcoming images, and to add interest.  It's a small thing, and you would probably think of it too, but I think it's worth pointing out.  If you watch the video, you will see that she puts the brads right through to the inside of the card.  I didn't do it this way.  I just worked on the paper front first, like so:



Then, once the brads are tight (squish them with an acrylic block from the back), attach the paper to the front of your card and continue.  Now, wasn't that easy?

Joanne, I hope this finds you well.  I wish you happy, and safe and warm!!
Take care!!  Much love, Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment