Sunday, November 11, 2012

Guest Blog Party Time!!

Hello Y'all!!
This is Karen's daughter Lisa. Karen didn't have anything to post today, but I had made a card so she suggested I blog for her :)
I know she has mentioned in a different post that my friend is studying in the Bahamas. Her parents visited her recently (I dog sat for them) so they brought me some presents. I made this card as a thank you.


For the card I used footloose paper, which is my favorite paper from CMTH evah!!  I thought the beachy feel was good for the Bahamas. Megan got married last May and I was her maid of honor. Her wedding was all pink and orange with tons of sparkles, so I made sure to use some smoothie ink and lots of glitter glue.
Most of the stamps come from the footloose workshop on the go stamps, but the mosaic swirls and the boarder around the turtle are from an older stamp set, my mom recently bought called Bon Voyage D1316.
I don't know how well you can see it in the photo, but I was careful to put the glitter glue only on the green parts of the turtle shell and not the white lines, it was fun and looked great when I was done. 
If you look at the edges of the paper rectangles, you can see that I used scissors to distress the edges and then sponge distressed them with creme brulee ink. I like how it turned out with raggedy edges alongside the glitzy glitter.
On the inside I put Thanks from A Little Thanks D1444. I love this set because I made about a hundred thank you cards for Megan for her wedding. I use this set for every thank you card I make.
 
This is what I put on the back of the card. I always put something on the back of my cards as a reward for anyone who checks. I'm sure Megan and her mom will notice, the clam is in pink and the circle is green. Megan and I are complete opposites and compliments so we joke about our favorite colors being compliments as well :)







Here's the envelope that matches my card. The pic is of the front of the envelope with the back flap up.








Well, that's all from me. I hope you like my art as well as my mom's. She should be back tomorrow with something new. Thanks for visiting with my mom and me today.
~Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Gee! Lots of pink and green on everything but the envelope. Why is there no green there?

    -chuckle-

    ReplyDelete