Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pansies? Why'd it Have to Be Pansies?

My aunt would like me to make birthday cards for her Bridge Club, and the first one she requested is to have pansies.  Did you know that I don't have a pansy stamp and I don't think Close to My Heart ever made one.  I could be wrong, but I haven't found one.

I walked around the house one day saying, "Pansies?  Why couldn't it have been butterflies?"  Do you know how many CTMH butterfly stamps there are?   A LOT!!  I'm not really upset at all.  I love a challenge.  It is actually much more fun to have to figure out a new way to do something, so this is what I am in the process of doing for my pansies:

First, I looked at a lot of photos on Google.  I picked one out and sketched it.  Then I outlined it with a fine Sharpee marker.  I traced the outline of the front 3 petals on a separate piece of paper and cut it out.


I made another copy, but only traced one of the back petals.


Below is my original sketch with the outline darkened for easier tracing, and the third stencil.


I lightly sponged ink in all of the stencils as a guide for the below watercolor.


This is my first of three pansies that I am planning for the birthday card.  I had to set it aside to work on some time sensitive things, but I can't wait to get back to finish it!!


2 comments:

  1. That pansy is beautiful! Who needs stamps when you are so creative and talented. Can't wait to see the finished card. I know it will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought did cross my mind!! jk.
      I LOVE stamping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      There are just so many things you can do with a stamp.
      Glad you like the pansy though. I'm quite anxious to see the finished card as well.

      Delete