Sunday, February 3, 2013

I'm Back & Will's Gone Adventuring

I'm back and I can't believe that it is already February.  I have been away from the blogosphere, but not away from paper crafting.  It has just been busy, busy, busy around here.  My oldest son, Will, is right now en route to S. Korea where he will be living for the next year, teaching English to elementary school children.  You may remember that my daughter, Lisa, did the same thing less than two years ago.  We are all so excited for him.

This is my advice for him:


Yep, we have new paper and I LOVE it!!  Of course, that means that I had to say, "Good-bye" to many of my favorites.  :(  I get really attached to paper and stickers and embellishments, etc.  When I was a kid and had all of those pen pals, I kept the last sheet of every stationery set that I owned, and a sheet of all of my stickers.  Some of it went into my scrapbook in high school and some of it is still in a box in my basement!! I'm trying not to keep my paper in a box these days, but to create with it and share it.

A new Idea Book means so many new goodies to play with!!  Chantilly paper is so bright and beautiful and I have a thing for paisley.  :)  I used this design for this card to show off every paper in the packet at one glance.  The Hollyhock Zipper Lace is unique and it really struck my fancy.  For the sentiment, I chose the Maya Angelou quote from the new stamp C1539  Scrapbook Statement - Poets.  I did add the Pear card stock because my daughter loves green.  :)  I kept everything pretty clean and simple to let the paper colors and patterns speak for themselves,  I did pop the paisley rectangle up with foam tape to help it compete with the zipper lace.

Here's a photos of us at the airport this morning:


I'm on my tip-toes trying not to look too short next to Will, and my husband, Andrew, is hunkered down next to me in support.  Lisa is actually taller than I am.  (Tommy was home in bed with a nasty headache.  Poor guy.)

Bon Voyage Will - Enjoy the Journey!!
Lots of Love from your crazy family!!


2 comments:

  1. Bon Yoyage Will! And what a lovely card Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Navamie!! I just heard from Will on Skype. He hasn't had a moment to settle in yet. So much to do!!

    ReplyDelete